Codes Administration/MS4 Assistant
Fairview Township, York County, is accepting resumes for the full-time position of a MS4/Codes Enforcement Assistant. Primary responsibilities include supporting the Stormwater Management (MS4) Coordinator and Codes Enforcement/Zoning office. Candidates with any zoning, stormwater management or municipal experience are preferred. Candidates should have strong communication, interpersonal, computer and organizational skills. A valid Pennsylvania driver’s license is required. Fairview Township offers paid vacation, a pension plan and a health benefits package. Interested applicants should send a Letter of Interest, along with a resume in confidence to: Fairview Township, C/O Human Resources 599 Lewisberry Road, New Cumberland, PA 17070 OR email to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Hold a valid PA Driver's License
- Operate a personal computer and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Pass pre-employment criminal, drug, and alcohol test in accordance with Township policies.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Inspect and maintain storm sewer manholes and lines and storm water inlets and lines to comply with Township and regulatory requirements. Learn the operation of a storm water collection system and storm water BMPs and understand the impact the storm water system has on the environment.
- Perform inspections and maintain storm water conveyance system.
- Operate Public Works Department vehicles and various other equipment.
- Complete infiltration testing
- Utilize safety procedures associated with storm water system maintenance, roadwork, and confined space entry/rescue.
- Climb ladders and enter confined spaces without physical assistance.
- Assist with completion of required annual reports
- Have a general understanding of all requirements of the Township’s MS-4 general permit.
- Review plans/drawings associated with storm water, such as Post Construction Storm water Plans
- Field inspects and conducts surveys of existing buildings/structures to determine and enforce lack of prescribed maintenance, housing violations, or hazardous conditions to applicable property maintenance laws, specifications and standards and prepares related reports.
- Follow up on code violations to ensure correction and compliance.
- Maintain inspection records and prepare reports for use by administrative or judicial authorities.
- Create and issue enforcement notices and orders to persons, firms or organizations deemed to be violating the regulations of the ordinances.
- Conduct property site inspections for violations, complaints, or zoning permits.
- Obtain evidence and prepare reports concerning complaints and violations.
- Provide testimony at appeal or judicial hearings regarding violations with applicable codes and/or laws.
- Assist applicants in completing all pertinent forms utilized within the office (building permits, zoning permits, septic permit applications, etc.).
- Perform data entry, file, issue and distribute building, zoning and other issued permits utilizing existing permit tracking programs.
- Issue receipts and process all fees received.
- Maintain current knowledge of Township ordinances relating to applicable codes.
- On-call to assist in township emergency operations, as required.
- Work independently and with direction.
- Work under adverse environmental and weather conditions.
- Remove snow and ice from Township building sidewalks
- Perform other tasks assigned by immediate supervisors